Established in 1921, the Western Association of Food Chains is a non-profit organization comprised of retailers and wholesalers in the 14 Western States representing over 7,500 supermarkets and over 255 billion dollars in annual sales. The WAFC’s primary mission is education, which is made possible with scholarship donations from industry suppliers and individuals, as well as, staging an annual convention each spring.
A. WAFC Initiated:
• USC Food Industry Management Program – established 1958
• USC Food Industry Executive Program – established 1974
• Community College “Retail Management Certificate Program” – established 2000
B. WAFC Supported:
• Portland State University/Food Industry Leadership Center scholarships & “Pathways to the Future” grant – since 2007
Benefits to Donors:
A. SCHOLARSHIP DONOR: $15,000 ANNUALLY - 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE
• WAFC/USC grant of full tuition of high potential employee to USC FIMP (2016 Tuition $24,732)
• 20 % discount for all employees to USC FIEP ($799 savings per participant ($3,196 vs. $3,995))
• Company Logo on WAFC website, convention program & signage
• Guests of WAFC/USC at annual February Donor Appreciation Luncheon on campus at USC
• Priority for Annual Convention Retailer/Vendor Pre-Scheduled Business meetings
• Recognition at all WAFC Board meetings, Annual Donor Lunch, USC FIMP Graduation and Annual Convention
• Opportunity to host or co-host a Hospitality Event at the annual convention
B. Employee enrollment in WAFC Community College “Retail Management Certificate Program”
• WAFC certificate & WAFC honorarium for all graduates
C. Annual Convention – Milestone recognition during General Sessions at each five year increment
D. The Illuminators – www.illuminators.org. Membership includes active participation, exclusive member only Retailer events; Scholarship opportunity for family and company associates.
Become a WAFC Scholarship Donor Today!
2017 Scholarship Donor